South Australian Tourism Student of the Year
Supported by Skal International Adelaide and Air New Zealand
This award recognises an outstanding tourism student and their commitment to contribute to the development of a vibrant and professional tourism industry in South Australia.
- All nominees must be 18 years of age or older on 1stSeptember 2013.
- Nominees must be currently enrolled in a Tourism course (2013 term/semester).
- The nominee must be available to accept the tourism exchange prize and meet the additional requirements as specified below.
- Provide a medical history signed by the nominees physician stating the nominee is fit for travel.
- Provide evidence that the nominee has sufficient financial support to assure their well-being during the exchange.
- The award will not be made to the same person twice.
- The answer to each question must not be more than 2 pages.
- The nominee’s Resume and no more than 3 letters of recommendation may be included.
- Copy of documentation such as driver’s license, passport, etc. should be included to verify age.
- The award will be presented at the discretion of the judges, based on the submission received.
- This category is specific to South Australia, and the winner will not go on to become a finalist in the Australian Tourism Awards.
- The criteria and rules for entry for the 2013 Australian Tourism Awards for Business Excellence DO NOT apply to this category.
The judges will take into account the following aspects when assessing a nomination.
Question 1. Overview of the Nominee (10 Points)
Provide a brief overview of yourself, highlighting your personal attributes. Include a brief history of your career in tourism, and a description of your studies and achievements.
Please include some form of documentation that verifies you will be over the age of 18 as of 1stSeptember 2013. (10 points)
- Extracts from your curriculum vitae may be useful.
- Include previous and current studies as well as previous and current employment.
- What are your interests and accomplishments within the tourism industry?
- Have you ever travelled overseas? If yes, please detail.
Question 2. Nominees candidacy for student exchange (20 Points)
Provide reasons why you think you would be a good candidate for the student exchange program.
- What personal benefits would you derive from the student exchange program?
- Include references and letters of recommendation.
Question 3. Nominees development & contribution to the tourism industry (20 Points)
Provide details on what you hope to accomplish as the Skal International South Australian Exchange Student.
- Consider accomplishments during your exchange and after you return.
- What are your plans and ambitions for your education / career in tourism in South Australia and how will participation in the exchange further this?
Total score: 50 points.
NB: This category does not incur an entry fee. By nominating a student for this award, the education institution agrees to purchase a ticket for the student to attend the SA Tourism Awards Gala Dinner, Friday, 8 November 2013